1. Taco: For some reason, this word pops into my head frequently. I always have the urge to use it as a verb, a proper name, adjective, you name it. It just seems like that perfect word that pretty much sums up everything.
2. Abuelita: little Grandma. So sweet. Except it also pops into my head often and then I picture an abuelita eating a taco. Huh.
3. Veritable: This is such an awkward word to say, maybe because it’s got 4 syllables and a v and a ble- which is so not sexy to say out loud, but if you use this word a lot in conversation, you will sound super smart. Veritably.
4. Segue: Wow. I’m gonna go ahead and come clean about the fact that I just learned how to spell this word last month. I wrote it in a post as segueway, it kept being underlined in red, I kept getting mad at it, until I finally found it in some online dictionary and had to have everyone in my house’s attention while I explained what I had learned. They weren’t as interested as I was.
5. Pleurisy: What a fun word! Go head, say it with me- pleur ih seeeeee. Now say it with a French accent. Now soften your jowls and say it all dumb and slow. Now just repeat pleur over and over. pleur pleur pleur pleur pleur pleur pleur pleur. Okay, stop. I certainly hope this word doesn’t pop up in your head later in an unexpected place and make you laugh out loud so you have to explain this strange moment to the person who hears you laugh.