Some things that have been happening lately in the world of Tiny Rotten Peanuts are as follows.
1. I dyed the ends of Fen’s hair cobalt blue. It felt simultaneously trashy and exhilarating, and she loves it. My little art child; I’m just hoping she doesn’t think this is the precursor to a pierced face. There’s something so strange about an earring that looks almost like a beauty mark but more like an accident.
2. Fen’s Art Club made and sold items last Saturday night, and 10% of what they made went to some charity. I’m not sure which, and I’m pretty sure if you asked any of the kids who were selling things, they wouldn’t know either, but they were VERY excited to sell things to their friends and run back and forth between the tables.
Fen made stickers.
3. Beckett and I decided it was time to do a series of double selfies, and we rocked them. Here are 2.
4. Christian has been working with leather lately, and this is him punching teeny tiny holes into the edge of a leather bag he made. He soaked the leather in a bath of water, pressed the leather piece in a wooden mold that he made, and let it dry. He contact-cemented the front and back together. He then sewed around the entire perimeter with waxy thread. The process is cool. He’s cool. WTF? This is cool.
5. And finally, some of you know of my obsession with personified creatures and objects in ads, and the trend really doesn’t seem to be abating, so I assumed you’d enjoy seeing some of the photographs I captured. I spy these things on the tube and make everyone wait while I find my phone, rewind the TV, play the ad 1 or 2 more times, and get the perfect shots. Enjoy!