Lying in bed listening to yet another thunderstorm roll through- actually the thunder is drowned out by my dog barking at the thunder. I was thinking about a post I want to write about skin care and cosmetic procedures. That made me think of women with big puffy lips, which led my mind to Angelina Jolie, which made me think, “Huh, haven’t heard much about their brood lately.” which made me remember I had tuned out the news for a little while.
It’s pretty hard to not hear about another massacre somewhere, or take note when there’s crazy flash flooding in my area, and women are on the news talking about seeing their son’s pants floating by.
Now that I’m sucked back into current events, I’m going to see if we make it through debt ceiling talks. If we somehow haven’t imploded after August 2nd, I’ll focus my energy on preparing for the end of the world in 2012.
Here is my list of things to achieve over the next 17 months:
1. Befriend a magical creature who ultimately teaches me an important life lesson.
2. Learn a language that isn’t considered ‘important’ for Americans to learn.
3. African Safari, duh.
4. Have someone make me a clear glass bubble submarine so I can venture wherever I want to in the ocean and observe awesome sea creatures. Also, I want a special camera attached to take awesome sea creature photographs.
5. Learn to shoot a gun.
6. Hang out in Tokyo for a week and then maybe Kyoto, and not just because they are made up of the same letters.
7. Yarn bomb this sculpture:
I don’t know what I will do to it yet, but it fully deserves some embellishing.
8. Get huge puffy lips.