You know all of those darling present-wrapping ideas you see all over Pinterest and in Martha Stewart? Well this little lady has decided to try her hand at some of them.
As we know, creativity breeds more creativity, so I’ve come up with a few ideas of my own. Feel free to Pin away! People will simply die at your refined visual taste.
1. Gather a bunch of supplies including the usual tape and scissors. Look around your home for some unexpected items, as you can really jazz up a gift by adding a personal touch.
2. Small gifts can be tricky to wrap. It’s easy to end up with too much paper at the ends and then you can choose to either madly hack away at it, or my preference, simply tuck it under the gift and nobody will be the wiser.
If you’re feeling a little self-conscious about this move, try the old giant-card-on-the-tiny-gift trick.
3. Conversely, you may run out of paper in the middle of wrapping a large present. If this is the case, you can make this bungle look deliberate by taping together several papers in a ‘patchwork quilt’ effect. Adding plenty of stick-on bows rounds out the whole crafty, bohemian look that’s so trendy these days.
4. Now have you seen all the bakers twine and string wrapped over and over around a gift? I took that idea one step further to create a present-as-wrapping look. You simply take one of the gifts and add it to the outside of the box instead of a gift tag! Or you could always add a tag if you wish to be totally literal and boring.
- masking tape, staples and glue are all viable means to attach wrapping paper.
- As a fun joke, try signing someone’s card from their dead grandma. High-larious!
- Barbed wire makes and edgy ribbon
- Try dousing your gift wrap in your favorite cologne. This will engage the receiver’s senses in a delightful manner, and leave an extra essence of you in their home for days to come.